Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues can't add more to repeater item

Solved

can't add more to repeater item

• hi,

I have a repeater type field in my page which includes images, description fields..
    I’ve been adding a list of information about films using thie repeater item without a problem so far.
    But when I add 165th item and save the page, the page doesn’t actually save 165th item.
    And the page gets really slow when it loads all 164 items.
    Is this memory limitation related issue?
    Is there any way I can solve this?
    Thanks!

• Hi @jowall
    Yes, this is definitely a server limit of some sort. It could be PHP memory, or also the maxvars limit.

I would check your server logs and ask your host to have a look too.

As a long term solution, I would consider changing the way your data is structured. Perhaps using a post type for each row of repeater data and attaching the columns of meta as fields for each post object?

Thanks
    E

• Hi Elliot,

Thanks so much for your help.

My mySQL storage service seems to be unlimited.
    I know this mgith be a non-ACF related question..
    but is there a way to check maxvars limit in phpMyAdmin?
    Where should I look into?

The reason why I chose this data structure is that I have more than 300+ items and each of them has relatively short information.
    I didn’t want 300+ posts/pages in my page list.

Please let me know if you have any other idea.

Thanks a lot!

• Hi @jowall

The ‘PHP memory’ and ‘maxvars limit’ are not related to PHPmyAdmin, they are related to your server configuration

• I can confirm that this is a maxvars issue. I have a repeater with just over 50 various fields. Adding additional fields outside of the repeater worked fine. Adding an additional field within the repeater caused some of the repeaters settings to revert.

For example the repeater layout reverted from “Rows” to “Table” and the button label reverted from my custom string to “Add Row” and I couldn’t save my desired settings unless I deleted one of the repeater subfields.

For those who stumble across this, I simply overrode PHP’s max_input_vars default (1000 I believe) in php.ini. 3000 did the trick for me.

• I am not able to add more than 186 rows in a post or page with repeater fields plugin.
    please guide me how can I disable this limit. “my server has unlimited space”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘can't add more to repeater item’ is closed to new replies.