Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Can not input money value in number field type

Helping

Can not input money value in number field type

• Hello,

I have created new Field Group with name Product. This Product Field Group has two fields that are Price and Stocks. Both fields are number field type.

I don’t have problem with Stocks field but I really have problem with Price field.

This is the scenario:
    When I created a new post, I try to input a money value into Price field. But when I pressed the publish button, the popup occur and displaying warning text.

The popup with text “Please enter a valid value. The two nearest valid values are 95 and 96” occurred when I tried to input 95.45 value into the Price field.

The popup with text “Please enter a number” occurred when I tried to input 2,155.45 value into the Price field.

Is there I miss something while I creating new fields in Field Group?

Regards,
    Manellen.

• Number fields, as it says, can only include numbers. other characters like commas and other punctuation are not allowed. This type of thing needs to be done on the front end in the template using http://php.net/manual/en/function.number-format.php

As far as the first error not allowing 95.45, this is probably do to the step value being set to one. In this case it should probably be .01.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Can not input money value in number field type’ is closed to new replies.