Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Add Custom Fields to Woocommerce Cart

Solved

Add Custom Fields to Woocommerce Cart

• I’d like to say I’m trying but honestly I don’t even know where to start. I have the custom fields displaying in the product pages just fine, no problem. I have copied the cart template into a child theme and have made some modifications already so I’m in the right place I just have no clue how to draw in the custom fields.

I want to add Ticket Information (Seat #, Row #, Section #) to the cart page. I tried to pull the fields with the_field(); but obviously it doesn’t work because its not the product page. I googled my head off on this and can’t find anything on it. Can someone post a code snippet that would help to draw in my custom fields?

• Which of the templates from WooCommerce have you copied and edited. Since you know your in the right one it would help to know which one that is.

• I got frustrated with the woocommerce templates. So I overrode them completely for my post pages.

I took my page.php and renamed it woocommerce.
    Added a function to my functions.php that groups the woocommerce products with regular posts so that the global wp-query calls them in.
    Then created my own templates for page layouts and called in the fields from ACF and woocommerce in the places I want.

The cart though, that is the typical woocommerce template.
    I have the child folder in my theme.
    Location in woocommerce is….
    Plugins > woocommerce > cart > cart.php

I played around with it a bit, but really don’t know what the preface is before using the_field();

The other guy who solved his own problem and didn’t post the solution claimed it was stupid simple. So I’m expecting it’s a simple solution and I’m being a bit dense on this….

• This is a code snippet from the cart.php file. Specifically for the table item named Product. How would I replace the woocommerce product title with an ACF field??? My logic is… if I can get a single field to show anywhere on the cart page, I should be able to figure out the rest on my own.

<?php
    							if ( ! $_product->is_visible() ) {
    								echo apply_filters( 'woocommerce_cart_item_name', $_product->get_title(), $cart_item, $cart_item_key ) . '&nbsp;';
    							} else {
    								echo apply_filters( 'woocommerce_cart_item_name', sprintf( '<a class="cart-link" href="%s">%s </a>', esc_url( $_product->get_permalink( $cart_item ) ), $_product->get_title() ), $cart_item, $cart_item_key );
    							}

// Meta data
    							echo WC()->cart->get_item_data( $cart_item );

// Backorder notification
    							if ( $_product->backorders_require_notification() && $_product->is_on_backorder( $cart_item['quantity'] ) ) {
    								echo '<p class="backorder_notification">' . esc_html__( 'Available on backorder', 'woocommerce' ) . '</p>';
    							}
    						?>
  • Got it figured out!

I stumbled across your code snippet for drawing a field from another page and all logic told me that should work. So I fumbled around with it for a bit until I got it to work. It wouldn’t pull in the post ID, but I noticed Woocommerce uses $product_id. When I replaced the page id location with $product_id, voila! It worked!

Here’s a sample for anyone else that needs to figure this out.

<?php the_field('your-field-name', $product_id ); ?>

Also, using $product_id worked for drawing in my custom taxonomy too.

The Checkout page also needed some customizing and I found I needed to do one extra step. The snippet of code that creates the $product_id variable is missing on checkout.php. I grabbed it from cart.php and everything worked fine. Below is the code snippet you need to add to checkout to use the $product_id variable.

$product_id = apply_filters( 'woocommerce_cart_item_product_id', $cart_item['product_id'], $cart_item, $cart_item_key );

• Glad you were able to get this figured out. Sorry I didn’t reply early, the weekend was extremely busy for me.

• Who have you show the input field on the checkout page.

<?php the_field(‘your-field-name’, $product_id ); ?>

i see no field

• thank you, beachpebble, your solution is really useful!

• I can add the <?php the_field(‘acf-field-name’, $product_id ); ?> to the cart.php file and this works fine.

However is there a solution to make this survive a plugin update?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Add Custom Fields to Woocommerce Cart’ is closed to new replies.