Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues ACF Form Error Messages

Solved

ACF Form Error Messages

• Hi Guys,

Calling Front End acf_form

Creates The Following :-

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /var/sites/i/ispiel.me/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/api.php on line 1100

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/sites/i/ispiel.me/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/api.php on line 1104

The form is created however Picture and Date picker don’t Work.

Latest WP and Clean install no other plugins.

Any Ideas out there ??

• Hi @OldSkool

What code are you using to create the form?

• Similar issue. WP 3.9. ACF 4.3.7. My “Create a new task” submit button displays, but no form, and this error message: “Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in …wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/api.php on line 1185”

<?php acf_form(array(
    'post_id' => 'new_post',
    'new_post' => array(
    'post_type' => 'todo_task',
    'post_status' => 'publish'
    ),
    'submit_value' => 'Create a new task'
    )); ?>
  • having the same problem here.. Has anyone figured out a solution yet?

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

Error: “Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in …wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/api.php on line 1185″

• same here. it does not work, if you use the example for creating new posts found here:
    http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/functions/acf_form/

it throws a “Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in *ROOT*\wp-content\plugins\advanced-custom-fields\core\api.php on line 1185

<?php acf_form_head(); ?>
    <?php get_header(); ?>

<div id="primary" class="content-area">
    		<div id="content" class="site-content" role="main">

<?php /* The loop */ ?>
    			<?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>

<?php acf_form(array(
    					'post_id'		=> 'new_post',
    					'new_post'		=> array(
    						'post_type'		=> 'event',
    						'post_status'		=> 'publish'
    					),
    					'submit_value'		=> 'Create a new event'
    				)); ?>

<?php endwhile; ?>

</div><!-- #content -->
    	</div><!-- #primary -->

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>
    <?php get_footer(); ?

help would be much appreciated…

• hi guys,

I’ve solved this issue, unfortunately by modifying *ROOT*\wp-content\plugins\advanced-custom-fields\core\api.php

all you need to do is add new line with:
    'new_post' => array(),
    right after this:
    'updated_message' => __("Post updated", 'acf'),

I know it’s not a good thing to modify core files of the plugin, but the fact is it’s ACF’s bug

• Cheers orco, I’ll give it a try and report back to confirm the results 🙂

• I just had a reply from @Elliot Condon who reminded me that the documentation pages like http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/functions/acf_form/ have a drop-down at the top…

The 'new_post' array is only for V5, but V4.x uses 'post_status' => 'draft' and some other goodies.

If any of you with the problem are on V4.x then this may be helpful – it’s different sample code in the documentation 😉

• Thanks! After struggling a few hours with this I think it would be a good idea if the Docs display the stable version by default.. I did not notice the dropdown 🙂

• I’m getting the error too, and unfortunately, modifying the core plugin is the only fix.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ACF Form Error Messages’ is closed to new replies.